Ended Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck
1yr

Rex,
Standard White Plymouth Rock.
He is 6 months old.

Last edited:
Now that it's getting nice out and I can let them run outside, I'm going to try to get a few more of this beautiful boy and update with a few more photos. It was a hard decision which roo to post. I decided to post a roo that is currently residing in my coop. Then it was hard to decide between this boy and my mille fleur Belgian D'uccle, but I decided I LOVE the gold flowing "mane" on this boy. I feel if I had waited until he was full grown to name him I might have chosen the name "Fabio" instead of "Blue".

Name of Bird: Blue
Breed: Ameraucana/Araucana cross
Bantam

Side note: It was fate that brought this boy to our family. He was part of a group of chicks purchased last spring of which we went overboard and bought too many, so I sold a bunch of them before they could be sexed to make space in the brooder. The family that bought Blue was not allowed to keep roosters and when they bought their chicks, they asked if they could bring back any males, should they end up with any. Blue and his brother came back to us at about 5 months old when he was starting to get louder than they thought the neighbors would continue to ignore. Blue became such a beautiful boy and was so tame from having been hand raised by the 4 children in his previous family that he has been an exceptional flock-mate. I am excited for his offspring.
I decided I wanted to change my entry. So enjoy the photo of my guy Blue above, but then feast your eyes on my changed entry :)

Name of Bird: Eagle-eye
Breed: mixed (not entirely sure, but it's likely his parents were bantam black Rosecomb and bantam Cochin)
Bantam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom