Ended Contest #8 Funniest Chicken Picture Contest - 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

Daisy and Ruby nude sunbathing today! :)
Love that when birds sunbathe. My itty bitty finches do it too and look exactly like your Daisy and Ruby. But I do have a question for you. When they do that their feathers all over their body part or open exposing skin. Is it so that the sun and warmth can get into them better? I hope my question makes sense.

Entry #1 - Disclaimer: My girls weren't fighting, they were just learning to stretch out their wings and this picture happened.

Last edited:
Entry #1 - Disclaimer: My girls weren't fighting, they were just learning to stretch out their wings and this picture happened. Mortal Kombat, chicken style!
That is adorable. You sure get some awesome action photos. Loved your Ninja Chick.

@Julie Bird, we definitely have a blast with our chicks. We bring them out from the brooder on warm days, so they get really rambunctious. It also makes them sleep good at night which helps the rest of the family sleep since the brooder is in the house, lol. On the second picture, we had just started tilling for our garden and my seven year old daughter was helping pick out weeds. She came to me complaining that her chickens wouldn't let her. I thought she was making excuses because she decided she didn't want to and came over to find that scene. I thought the RIR that is stretching looked like a chicken trainer. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom