Contractions?

DollBoll

Songster
Jul 8, 2019
My favourite hen is looking a little poorly this evening and I’m not sure why?

she is lethargic and looks like she’shaving contractions. She also keeps pushing out poo and liquid.

I have antibiotics and anti inflammatory but I haven’t given her any because I’d like someone on here to give me advice

Might just give her some anti inflammatory before bed I have some left over from treating my cockerel

Gave her the anti inflammatory, she laid a squashed- soft shelled egg through the night or this morning and she seems good as new!

the egg must’ve collapsed inside her making it difficult to pass and the liquid she was pooping must’ve been a mixture of poo and the insides of the egg.

I only posted updates in case anyone on here comes across the same thing and needs help since I didn’t manage to find it. Although, I have received good advice on this forum in other posts and I’m not quite sure if this thread was posted in the correct place so forgive me ! :)

Looks like you did put the thread in an appropriate place, but it just didn't get noticed--the whole forum seems extra-busy lately, and some posts have been getting buried or missed :(

Thank you for the update: yes, it might help someone else.
And since I just now read your thread, I'm very glad to know the hen is OK :)

Looks like you did put the thread in an appropriate place, but it just didn't get noticed--the whole forum seems extra-busy lately, and some posts have been getting buried or missed :(

Thank you for the update: yes, it might help someone else.
And since I just now read your thread, I'm very glad to know the hen is OK :)
I think she has taken a break from laying so maybe a molting situation. Thanks for the reply thoughhh :)))

Sorry your thread got missed.
What kind and how much anti-inflammatory did you give her?

I think she has taken a break from laying so maybe a molting situation.
Kind of early for a molt, how old is she?
Hopefully she's on the mend and lay for you soon.

Sorry your thread got missed.
What kind and how much anti-inflammatory did you give her?

Kind of early for a molt, how old is she?
Hopefully she's on the mend and lay for you soon.
The anti inflammatory is called loxicom and I gave her about 6ml (I was to give my cockerel 8ml but nugget is smaller) and her feathers are not looking so good she’s got bald patches :( she’s acting normal now she’s just not laying at the moment but I don’t mind she’s been a good layer up to now she deserves a little break I’ve had her a year and got her when she was point of lay so not sure of her age

Back
Top Bottom