Convinced my dad...

giantcrabman

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
to let me get another chicken coop!
big_smile.png

Currently have 4 chickens (lohmann, speckledy and two light sussex)

Local garden centre has got some silkie chicks so i'm wanting to get a couple of them and some bantams as well.

http://www.thechickenhousecompany.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/22_23/products_id/102

http://www.thechickenhousecompany.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/22_24/products_id/92

Building a coop is out of the question as i've done enough building with the first lot of chicks. Narrowed it down to them two ^. Think i prefer the second one.

What do you guys think?

Woah! Thanks for the quick replies!

Do you think i'd be able to keep 4/6 (couple of silkies and some bantams) happy in the run? as i'd only be able to let them out for a few hours after i've got home from work.

Last edited:
Like the 1st one... Where are the nest boxes on the second coop? I really tried to look to see where they were? Maybe it doesn't have them? In which case, you'll end up trying to figure that part out on your own.

Quote:
Reading the dimensions.. it say you can put up to 10 birds in it-- but NO way would I do that! It seems too small for that. I bet you could get 5 little silkies in it easy... possibly 6, I don't know. My meter conversion isn't that great- maybe someone else has a better idea.

Quote:
You can't see them on the pics but they are on the opposite side to where the perches are.

I definately like the first one the best. But I am not a big fan of the A frame coops. It seems like they dont have that much room in them. Anyway you can probably fit 6 silkies in jsut fine. Silkies are small and depending on what bantams you want to get they will be small to. Most of the time they measure those houses to fit LF, so you will be able to have more bantams than LF. Congrats on getting a new chicken coop. It so exciting to get more chickens. I have had to keep myself away from craigslist and the auctions. Otherwise I would come home with 100 more chickens. Lol! And now im starting in ducks.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom