Cooler Incubator

toxo

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Gillingham, UK
Have almost finished my bator and have diligently taken photos for you guys to see on my BYC page and now I NEED some feedback. Will it work?
I'm a virgin so please be gentle with me.

WOW!!! Want to fly over and help me with mine? That looks awesome. I just ordered my ReptiTemp 500r for the thermostat today, so should have it by the end of the week! I'm so excited!!!!

My hubby just keeps looking at me and asking "why do we need such a big incubator?" HeeHee!!!
hide.gif

toxo,

You will have the neatest bator in the world. It will slide right in under the kitchen cabinet, you can keep it running for always. I wouldn't even put in a "OFF" switch
thumbsup.gif
then you'll have all the eggs you can eat. Join us in hatching weekly.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I just finished building a cooler incubator, and I dismantled an aquarium heater, and used the thermostat from it. The heating element was a quartz type, and I was afraid to use it, but I had a heating element laying around from another project that seems to be doing the job. Just another idea to add to the list of useable parts to build one with.

Jason

sweet...not sure about having the egg turner constantly moving though but i have no real reason for saying so...it just feels wrong in my gut. one of these guys would know better than me though.

WOW! I just figured out how to see your BYC page... Blows my bator away! Love it! Have you thought about a strip heating element instead of the lightbulb? (less chance of burnout). I have been throwing ideas around for an auto-turner, and have the same motor you used already. Looks like I am going to have to re-think my whole bator, based on your design. Great job!!!!!

Currently, my cooler bator is running at 100.2, with 60% humidity.. Day 4.

Jason

Last edited:
Quote:
The size of your cooler is much better than mine Chrystal (or is it Gail?)
When it comes to hatching, yours will be perfect whereas mine is gonna be a bit cramped.
By the way, if you don't want to mess with motors and stuff, you could just extend the rod (wire coat hangar?) that joins the tray/s together through a hole in the top of the bator and pull up or down to turn manually. I will probably do this with mine in case the motor fails.

Back
Top Bottom