cooling goose eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickalator, Jan 9, 2009.

1. chickalator

chickalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    i would apprreciate it if somebody could fill me in. i no to mist them once a day and to let them cool but how do you let them cool? just open the bator for fifteen minutes?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    I know Miss Prissy has hatched geese. You might do a search for geese and her name. I believe she let them cool down for 10-15 minutes a day and misted them with a spray bottle sometime during then from about day 4 on.

I can't help you much beyond that. Maybe if you had more specific questions and changed you post title to reflect specific you would get more reponses.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    MissPrissy told me to mist them with water and cool them for 15 minutes a day from day 4 to first pip. They need higher humidity as well, at least 65%. I run mine at 70%. The temps are the same as chickens except you need to lower the temp one degree the last 3 days. And they take about 28-30 days to hatch.

4. chickalator

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    so do you just open the bator for fifteen minutes and then spray them? how much spray should i use?

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sorry, yeah you just take the top of the bator off to cool them. I just sprayed them till they were wet. Just a couple of squirts. Make sure the sprayer is on mist, so you don't drench them too badly!

6. chickalator

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    yhanks guys!

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I cooled mine for 5-10 min from day 4 until it pipped the air sac. Mist the egg sometime during the cool down. I incubated 1 egg, and it hatched all by itself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by