coop a little small

duckidaho

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
We've heard 2 sq. feet per bird in the coop, with a big run should be fine? Is it O.K. if it is a little more crowded in the coop for 4 weeks until we butcher some birds for broilers? Our run will be spacious. Thanks,

You should be ok if they have access to the run all day long. If it was the middle of winter and they were locked up for weeks at a time things would be too crowded. If your concerned they are overcrowded you could divide up your vertical space in the coop and in effect add more square footage.

that's a good idea about adding some vertical sq. footage. In the form of shelves and roosts? Any other suggestions?

Genesee, between Moscow and Lewiston. Kinda got some snow on the ground yet, but I am predicting a thaw by the end of this week. I hope. How about you?

I'm in Shelley- South of Idaho Falls. We still have some snow on the ground and a little is predicted in the forecast, but I don't think we'll have anymore substantial snowfall this winter, I hope.

I would normally say 4 square feet inside. But if they have a HUGE run and they can get in the run all day, then it should be ok short term. You might want to make sure it's staying clean though since more birds in less space means more poop

Back
Top Bottom