Coop advice needed please look

RoosterJuice

Songster
7 Years
Feb 24, 2017
How can I get my chickens to stop pooping in their beds? They're so dumb that way! Why don't they do their business somewhere where they DON'T sleep??? Is there a way I get them to go somewhere else?

Chickens pop all night long. They should not be sleeping in their nesting boxes and you need to discourage it. Block off the boxes at night. Do they have a roost and is it too close to the wall to be used?

Chicken always poop the most while sleeping. What do you mean about beds? (nest boxes are meant for laying eggs) Chickens should be sleeping on a roost so the poo falls below. Make sure the roosts are higher than the nest boxes, and remove them to the roost if you see them sleeping in the nest boxes.

Chicken always poop the most while sleeping. What do you mean about beds? (nest boxes are meant for laying eggs) Chickens should be sleeping on a roost so the poo falls below. Make sure the roosts are higher than the nest boxes, and remove them to the roost if you see them sleeping in the nest boxes.

Wow! They've been sleeping in the nesting boxes for a year! Thanks for telling me, I wish I would have known sooner.

Back
Top Bottom