Coop and Run finished

I really love it. Nice job. My only concern is that the white will get really dirty quickly. I can tell you put a lot of thought into your coop.

Looks great! We just put a halogen light in our coop, which makes it super bright, but saves us energy money!

Oh this is very nice. It will serve great until you nag your husband to build another bigger coop so you can get more chickens!

Last edited:
Beautiful!!

Question for you: How tall is the outside run portion? And the large door at the end allows you to crawl inside? Once it has a roof, will that be easy enough to get in to clean? I had imagined a people sized run, but hubby wants a lower one. My concern is how to keep that area clean.

I'm new to all this... in the design phase of coop-building, so I'm loving looking at sooo many styles on BYC.

I'm not worried about the white. We can spray it off. DH said its just a primer coat. He wanted to have this done for winter and it will ensure that it doesn't rot the wood. I plan on painting it red in the spring with white shutters/trim. We are country folk so dirt goes with us.

The outside run is 3 ft tall. The door is tall enough that you can walk into the coup area and stand up. You don't have to crawl in there. This makes it really nice for cleaning out.

The outside run that is 3 ft tall now has a gray tarp with a slant on it so the snow will not stick. You can't stand up in there, it would have been nice but definately can squat with ease. I figure a garden rake will not be a problem getting it cleaned out if needed. He just said that he still has some ideas floating around in his head on how to finish it.

I'll try and get a final picture of it and post it.

Last edited:
MJLABS, thank you for the compliment.

Yes, he ran an extension cord to our barn which has lighting. He said it was a 12/3 cord.

Back
Top Bottom