Coop and run modifications

Believe me, guys... I CAN relate to what it's like down there... From 1991 to 2010, I lived in the southern part of the country... 4 years in ne Texas, and then the next 15 years, mostly in Kentucky (northcentral, outside of Looavull), but spent time in E-City, NC, Houma, LA, middle TN (northwest). So, yea, I get it... it's the humidity that kills you, really. It escalates the high temps where you sweat, but just can't get it to evaporate. We're getting 'similar' conditions up here in ND, the last couple of summers, and hubby can't stand it. He HATES humidity. I'm acclimated to it, so it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers him. Normally, here in ND, our tourism picks up in the summer because the humidity is so low, which is a major draw for tourists... not anymore. Prior to moving to Texas, I lived in the central valley of California, after having been born and raised in the San Francisco bay area. Talk about a major adjustment, just between those two regions of California! I've also lived in se OK (1979), in Duncan, which is se of Lawton (Ft Sill).
Sounds like you were an Army brat. And, yes, you get it if you lived in Houma, La. You can't get much more hot and humid in the States than Houma. That is not to mention skitters almost as big as hummingbirds lol

Sounds like you were an Army brat. And, yes, you get it if you lived in Houma, La. You can't get much more hot and humid in the States than Houma. That is not to mention skitters almost as big as hummingbirds lol
Nah... just had parents that loved to travel. THEY were the military parents, however. Mom, Navy Wave, Dad, navigator in the Air Force. Both grew up rurally (Mom, here in ND, so I came home to her roots; Dad outside of Downers' Grove, IL). So, I grew up with not thinking twice about moving about the states, a bit of wanderlust. Mom and Dad didn't hesitate to throw all 4 of us kids into the '57 Chevy Bel Air, or into the '62 Old station wagon, and go on a road trip cross-country. It's why I spent a stint driving as an OTR truck driver, too. I've lived here in ND since October of 2010, and even here, I've moved 3 times in that time. However, I'm permanently here, until the Lord calls me home, now.

LOL! She's looking for suggestions on how to modify her coop to get her hens to start using it again, which we thought it might be because it's too hot for them, not enough airflow. And that's how we got side-tracked... ;)

Nah... just had parents that loved to travel. THEY were the military parents, however. Mom, Navy Wave, Dad, navigator in the Air Force. Both grew up rurally (Mom, here in ND, so I came home to her roots; Dad outside of Downers' Grove, IL). So, I grew up with not thinking twice about moving about the states, a bit of wanderlust. Mom and Dad didn't hesitate to throw all 4 of us kids into the '57 Chevy Bel Air, or into the '62 Old station wagon, and go on a road trip cross-country. It's why I spent a stint driving as an OTR truck driver, too. I've lived here in ND since October of 2010, and even here, I've moved 3 times in that time. However, I'm permanently here, until the Lord calls me home, now.
I grew up in Carol Stream, IL! I had friends from Downer's Grove in high school.
I think we hijacked the thread. I do not remember what it was about. 😁 Sorry OP!
No worries! It was nice to hear about the weather in places that will now be crossed off my "possible move to" locations! :lau

Back
Top Bottom