Coop and Run. Not done... but getting there.

WYOwhy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Wyoming
Just thought I'd post some pictures of my coop and run. Still a work in progress, but getting there.

PA140045.jpg

PA140044.jpg

Gratuitous pic of the wonder-dog checking it out:
PA140015.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks. The coop is from the cheapest kit I could find. I'm not quite handy enough to build a decent coop on my own. And I bought the dog run panels from Menards. Total cost run and coop is less than $500. Not too bad considering what I would have paid a handy-man to build one for me. I hope it keeps my three chickens happy and safe. I'm planning to finish the roof on it this weekend.

Very innovative - Looks fabulous!!
big_smile.png

Have you just threaded the roof rafters through the top of the side panelling?? If so - very clever - is there much weight in it? will the fence wire cope with the weight?
hmm.png

I am always on the look out for "non" carpentry ideas for a coop and run!!
wink.png

Quote:
Yes, the roof rafters are just threaded through the panels. I buried the two panels closest to the garage a little deeper than the others and I'm adding a second 12' 2x4 in the back that I will bolt to the garage for added support. That way the overlap of the roof panels works to my advantage and strengthens the whole structure. The kennel is a little more solid than chain link, and seems to hold up to the weight just fine. A friend and I actually dangled ourselves from the center support to test it out.

I'm glad that only slightly handy DIYers can still have decent coops for reasonable budgets, I was feeling kinda jealous of everybody's nice custom coops.

Back
Top Bottom