Coop and Run

Granny Hoffman

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
SE Michigan
This all started with a few meat chickens in the spring, then grew to RIR and Black Sex Links and now has grown to a variety of hens and Rudy the rooster. The main coop is an old shed from Home Quarters (which went out of business) and a small fenced in run. The interior of the main coop still needs to be painted (with a few suggestions from others on here) with high gloss white exterior paint and a window installed, which I hope to get this weekend at the Saturday auction. The run has been expanded and they now have room to roam, scratch and dust bathe (I would love to let them roam but husband says no, they are eating his vegetable garden). The banny coop is almost finished, just need to figure out the nesting boxes and a coat of paint. After I get the banny coop completed their run needs to be expanded and then I think we will be all set.
Before winter comes I will be putting some plastic up on the far end of the run to keep out the cold east wind and snow.
This has been a very rewarding experience, can't wait to just sit back and watch my flock, care for them and collect those eggs!

63578_img_0295.jpg

63578_img_0296.jpg

63578_img_0297.jpg

Once the garden is "finished" then you can let them roam. I generally let mine out about an hour or hour and half before dusk.

Back
Top Bottom