Coop and Water Heaters Keep Breaking

I get that, I have three different waterers and I have to fill all of them every morning and every night. Big part of it is because they are ducks but ya, poultry waterers, especially when not heated, always seem to be inconveniently small.

yeah, ducks seem messier. I'd refill it every day for sanitary reasons if I felt a need to, but their water is always just as clean as the day I put it in there

yeah, ducks seem messier. I'd refill it every day for sanitary reasons if I felt a need to, but their water is always just as clean as the day I put it in there
Yea, luckily it all sinks to the bottom so it’s easier to clean especially when the waterers have the easy clean cups or trays, that’s the one downside to the bowls but it’s not a huge inconvenience as long as I remember to rinse it were I don’t walk often during the winter.

First time chicken owner here, and I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with their heated chicken tools breaking very quickly. I have a coop heater and heated water bottle that both came from tractor supply, and both stopped heating after about 4 weeks. The water bottle actually only worked for about 3 days of actually using it. Do these things usually break so fast? Any ideas of something I could be doing wrong?

If anyone has advice on how to fix these or more durable products, I'm all ears.
We'd need to know what exact products you've got.
and pics of how they are powered and situated in your coop.

We'd need to know what exact products you've got.
and pics of how they are powered and situated in your coop.
I took both the heater and the waterer out because I'm trying to return them, so I cannot provide a picture of the setup. I have the "heated all-season poultry fount" which is Farmer's Innovation brand, and the "Chicken Coop Heater & Brooder" from Producer's Pride.

I had them plugged into their own extension cords (no daisy-chaining) which led to my garage's exterior outlet.

I just had the waterer on top of some scrap wood, and the heater was set inside the coop behind the roosts. Nothing weird.

I had them plugged into their own extension cords (no daisy-chaining) which led to my garage's exterior outlet.
How long, and what kind, of a cord?
Were they plugged into a GFCI outlet?
Same outlet, with enough capacity to handle both devices?

Back
Top Bottom