Coop at night

You have 3 choices. Keep pushing them in each night until they learn. Leave them out. Are there predators? Or lock them in until they know where home is. I do the last choice most often. Most will return to the coop each night with only being locked in a few days.

You have 3 choices. Keep pushing them in each night until they learn. Leave them out. Are there predators? Or lock them in until they know where home is. I do the last choice most often. Most will return to the coop each night with only being locked in a few days.
Hmmm, I brood mine in the coop and still have to chase them down and throw them in every night for a while. Darn chickens.

Raisins. I shake the box of raisins and the come running.
Yes, this! I would definitely suggest training with a noise. It is a big safety help as well. I started using a two note whistle tone every time I brought in food or gave treats, and they learned in 2 weeks or so to come running to where I wanted them when I made that sound. Now when free range time is done, or you just want them to come into the coop, you can quickly get their attention.

Back
Top Bottom