Coop building in process and learning about what chickens to add!

ok, this makes me want to get chicks! thank you for sharing!

Well...if you get breeds that are popular, it might not be difficult to sell or give away the roosters if you end up with some. See if you have any local chicken groups in your area...we do here and it's not difficult to find a good home for a rooster. The risk is worth the reward in my book...I'm pretty sure I have at least two cockerels in this first bunch of 13 chicks and I have 12 eggs in the incubator. I'm on a farm so the Roos can stay as long as they all get along/play nice...LOL...I don't want to watch Heavy Weight Chicken Prize fighting on my local "Chicken TV" channel...LOL!;)

Well...if you get breeds that are popular, it might not be difficult to sell or give away the roosters if you end up with some. See if you have any local chicken groups in your area...we do here and it's not difficult to find a good home for a rooster. The risk is worth the reward in my book...I'm pretty sure I have at least two cockerels in this first bunch of 13 chicks and I have 12 eggs in the incubator. I'm on a farm so the Roos can stay as long as they all get along/play nice...LOL...I don't want to watch Heavy Weight Chicken Prize fighting on my local "Chicken TV" channel...LOL!;)
Oh my goodness, if we get a roo or two my kids will NOT want to give them away. My grandmother had chickens and I loved hanging with them. They are so comical and they'd follow me everywhere! I did just hear back from a local hatchery and they confirmed for me that my minimum to purchase is 6 chicks if I come and pick them up! :)

Oh my goodness, if we get a roo or two my kids will NOT want to give them away. My grandmother had chickens and I loved hanging with them. They are so comical and they'd follow me everywhere! I did just hear back from a local hatchery and they confirmed for me that my minimum to purchase is 6 chicks if I come and pick them up! :)

...So...you just grabbed your keys and are headed out the door??? LOL!!! Let us know what you end up with!!

View attachment 1049575
Making progress and it since this is a weekend project for my husband, getting chicks gives us time to finish it up. At what age do you send the chickens to the coop? I saw 6 weeks some places and 8 weeks others?
lovely coop! when me and my neighbor got chicks, we kept them in a big tub with shavings on the bottom in their garage until they had wings and were alittle too big for the tub. We slowly introduced them to the outside and eventually they were living in the run and coop by themselves.

lovely coop! when me and my neighbor got chicks, we kept them in a big tub with shavings on the bottom in their garage until they had wings and were alittle too big for the tub. We slowly introduced them to the outside and eventually they were living in the run and coop by themselves.

Now there is a plan if you have neighbors...get them in on raising chickens with you...and wala...no complaining neighbors!!!!

Back
Top Bottom