Coop Chic and teaching lessons

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Reinbeau, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

My little roo has decided to become a monster. I have boots on lately due to the snow and slush, but once the summer comes he's going to be able to do some damage unless I teach him a few lessons. The other day he got my hand good when I bent over to pick something up. So, this morning he decided to flog at me again, repeatedly, so I caught him and carried him round for awhile. He was still feisty, pecking me on the hand twice while I held him, he stopped when I grabbed him by the neck and showed him what I could do.....anyhoo, here's a photo of me in my chic morning coop attire. He didn't like it in the house one bit, so I kept him in there for awhile to reinforce the lesson!

[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Well hello, Ann, nice to put a face to the name. Your coop chic looks like mine! [​IMG]

I had a little Golden Sebright roo, he was a sweetie when he was young, but when he reached maturity he got impossible! I tried all the usual tricks, but nothing settled Pico down. I would do the Alpha roo performance and it lasted a while, then I had to repeat it. I finally found someone who liked his looks more than she worried about his attitude. Whew!

Never tried the faux neck-wringing, wish I'd thought of that!

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] 'cop chic'....very funny!!! Mine was pink, diffrent pattern but similar 'style'. Just so it's clear, I am not usually a pink fan but the flannel PJ's are cozy.... Hope your feisty roo gets the message!

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I went out earlier this week in flannel jammies and a long robe- scared them all half to death! [​IMG]

5. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    What a great idea. I have a roo that bites me sometimes. I am going to try that. Maybe not in my jammies. [​IMG]

6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I had to catch him first, I used a collapsible rake, it didn't hurt him - but it did surely set him off! I'm always out there in the morning in my jammies, as my work attire is too cold and too thin to wear into the coop - I'm usually in yoga type clothing.

7. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Good Luck. I got attacked my my papas rooster the other day. If that was mine, hed be missing a head !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by