Coop color?

chickenchicky11

In the Brooder
May 12, 2015
Newton, NH
I see a lot of coops online painted red. Are chickens more attracted to their coop if it's painted red or does it not really make a difference? I wanted to paint my coop red but thought it would be a bad idea (pecking at it).

I think most people (myself included), like the look of a red barn. I live in the middle of the city, so no barns around here. My plans for paint (when I get there) are going to be barn red with white trim, the traditional barn color. There are many other colors chosen though.

My husband's friend picked out the paint for my coop. Well, it's almost neon green. Not sure how I feel about it, but it will have to work for now, as we can't afford to buy more paint! I'm hoping to paint it this weekend, hopefully I don't hate it. :/

Our current coop is painted a light tan color trimmed in cream to match our house. Our new coop will be painted cream and trimmed in a light aqua. We are adding light aqua window boxes and shutters to our house so it will all co-ordinate eventually.

Back
Top Bottom