Coop complete!!

6hensJen

Chirping
Apr 4, 2017
Oregon, USA
Just finished our coop by adding the nesting boxes (counting down to our first eggs 4-6 weeks!!) It cost us about $600 to build but is way bigger and sturdier than anything we could have bought pre made for that price. The roosting area is 7'x4' and the enclosed run is 11'x4' with the outside run 16'x18'. There are vent holes all the way along each side under the eaves and a hardwire mesh covered window that I keep open. My girls spend most of their day free ranging but they love their coop are thriving so I'm a super happy chooky mommy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 27
Congratulations! Your coop looks really nice. I hope to have ours done next weekend & enjoying the building. The chicks will be 3 weeks old and summer is here. Feathers sprouting everywhere.

Thanks for sharing and giving me encouragement.

Congratulations! Your coop looks really nice. I hope to have ours done next weekend & enjoying the building. The chicks will be 3 weeks old and summer is here. Feathers sprouting everywhere.

Thanks for sharing and giving me encouragement.
Thanks and congrats too! It's a whole lot of learning experiences but all so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom