Coop Design/Cost Question

Thanks for all the responses! In terms of the nails and screws, It's what I found on home depot's website. I was trying to find smaller packs. Their site is pretty clunky and I can't really visit the stores at the moment. I'll see if I can find better. In terms of siding, that is my other big expense. I put a couple options as at 5'x5', getting all the plyboard or whatever ends up being just as expensive. I was doing 5'x5' as we were planning on getting regular sized chickens (maybe 6?). My wife wanted austrolop and amaraucana. I kind of wanted Jersey giants but maybe they are too large. I wasn't planning on a run yet, and we live in the Seattle area, so it rains a lot and will eventually need it.
Mine was over $1.000 4x4 coup (which is the costly part) and the covered protected run. Total size is 4x10 (ish)

Even scrounged junk, if you paint it, can look cute.
So true! We were gifted a small coop that needed repairs and alterations and an extension. We got a free swingset from Craigslist for the run, free wood from Facebook market place and other free odds and ends from letgo. Yeah you have to drive, but at least it’s free and everyone on those sites are practicing social distancing so they just set it out for you and tell you where to get it. Easy peasy!

So true! We were gifted a small coop that needed repairs and alterations and an extension. We got a free swingset from Craigslist for the run, free wood from Facebook market place and other free odds and ends from letgo. Yeah you have to drive, but at least it’s free and everyone on those sites are practicing social distancing so they just set it out for you and tell you where to get it. Easy peasy!
Nice to know you can still scrounge!

Back
Top Bottom