Coop Design Needed

crod0216

Hatching
Mar 25, 2020
Hi everyone! My wife and I are looking for blue prints for a coop that will house 12 hens. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

We actually built our own coop. The kids of course thought it was their playhouse, but not anymore. They love the chicks. The one side of the roof opens up for easy access to the coop and the nesting boxes were added to that big opening in the back - 4 boxes. We added a sliding door since we live next to a bunch of woods and lock everyone in at night.

Attachments

• coop (1).JPG
    coop (1).JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 6
  • coop (2).JPG
    coop (2).JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 4
  • coop (3).JPG
    coop (3).JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 3
The website "My Outdoor Plans" is pretty great as it was one of the few sources I could find that had a full materials list and step by step instructions. We built one of their duck coops and it was pretty straightforward and I'm very happy with the way it turned out so you should definitely check it out. Hope this helped! :)

Hi everyone! My wife and I are looking for blue prints for a coop that will house 12 hens. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shed plans might be best...coop plans are often not well designed and too small.
3 good articles linked in my signature....must reads for newbies.

Back
Top Bottom