Coop deVille My husband has been fabricating our new chicken coop/tractor. I am impressed!

drdanags

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 29, 2012
My husband has been constructing the frame of my new chicken coop. He will add the metal roof and screw the wood for the walls, floors and ramp into the coop. A wire mesh will go around to keep the chickens safe and predators out.
woot.gif

Yikes! Are you sure that will be sturdy enough to keep out predators??!
lau.gif
I'm guessing your DH likes to weld, hu? That is insane! I think it would keep out a bear. Post pics when you get further along, I'm really intrigued as to what this will look like!
smile.png

LOL!
Yes, he likes to weld (auto body tech) and hates working with wood. He also is a perfectionist! I will certainly post pictures as it progresses. Maybe he was thinking like the Alaskan that he is and making sure no Kodiak brown bears would be able to get in (of course we are now in NC in the piedmont, not many bears, a few coyotes and fox!).
D.gif

I am just anxious for my chicken girls to try it out when it is all done!

yeah, well, NO coyotes will be getting thru that.
wink.png
Just don't put up chicken wire and you'll be set. It's the hexagon shaped stuff-- it's no bueno for predators. I had it up and a neighbor dog took one paw swipe at mine and tore it. No one was hurt, but I tore it all down and put up hard ware cloth. Which I should have done to begin with, I was just being cheap. Being cheap don't pay. hehehe!!
lol.png

Thanks, my husband is a perfectionist.
It is sturdy, though, so no complaints here!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom