Coop done and moved to yard(pictures)

Ken H

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Now that construction and painting is done I have moved the coop off the driveway and into the back yard. Plenty of grass, small pines, and garden to play in. It's funny to watch the girls when I open the coop in the morning. They exit the coop, run, jump, and flap their wings. I think they like free rangeing.
Here's some pictures of the coop in it's new setting. You can't see them but the girls are all under the pine tree to the left in the first picture.
coop.jpg
coopback-1.jpg
coopandyard.jpg

Here's a couple of the girls playing dead.
playingdead.jpg

Awesome coop! They are some smart chickens there, playing dead, any other tricks???
lol.png

Love the coop. If we had more land that was what I planned on building. That way I could just hook it up to the truck and move it to a new location. Great job.
thumbsup.gif

What a great yard! Oh yeah, the coop is nifty too. How much harder was it to build it on wheels? Or did you build it, THEN put it on a trailer?

And the chickens just expect to wake up in a new location? that just seems odd to me.

Last edited:
Framed it, sheathed it, then put it on the trailer before the roof was put on. Framed the roof , put in place then sheathed, insulated and shingled.

Very Nice...I love it!

Make sure you use the link at the top of the page that says "My Page" and make a coop page. It is very worthy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom