coop fencing

I'm not sure where Illiois St is, but I live just off N Division near Costco.
smile.png

We're ordering chicks from Aslin-Finch on Newport Hwy, it's the building next to the Sleep City up there that closed. Not far from our house at all! I'm not even sure there are any other feed stores in the area, lol. Northwest seed & pet sells feed, but their chicken supplies (waterers, feeders, etc...) are way over priced, they want $5.50 for the same thing you can get at Aslin-Finch for $1.99! We'll take the hit to drive a few miles down the road, it has got to be cheaper in the long run.
smile.png

I have pics of my shed that we're turning into a coop on my BYC page, it's a bit "big" for the 3 chickens, but should work out nicely with giving them space to be chickens in during our cold, snowy months!

Oh wow, that shed will work great for you! I can't wait to see it finished! We are just converting an old wood shed thats attached to the side of our garage... We are still just in the planning stages... But getting very excited!

I was glad to see the list of chickens available from Aslin Finch on your page!! I figured I'd look into both Aslin Finch and Big R.

That was last year's list of chicks...they didn't have this year's list ready yet when I went in last weekend, lol. I may go in again today or tomorrow though, I'm just so ready to get them ordered! i haven't looked at Big R, once I found out Aslin-Finch had the breeds I want, I stopped looking, lol. They do special orders of other breeds as well, but you have to buy all 25, not so great for those of us that live within city limits, lol.

25 is a joke! lol ... I would assume the list from last year will stay somewhat the same, right? Do you know how much they are asking?

I hope they stay the same, can't imagine they'd change much unless they had a lot of special orders for another breed last year. The gal I talked to said the prices would be a little different this year, but last year they were between $1.59 (for cornish crosses) and $2.99 (Bantams, BO's, SLW's, & Light Brahma's), with a good majority sitting at $2.39 (everything else they had, lol). The bantams and Cornish-crosses are sold straight run, everything else was listed as pullets.

Very good! I think we are going to go with the BR, LB and RIR... SO I hope they have them this year as pullets

Thanks for all the info once again!

No problem! I blelieve we'll be getting a EE, RIR, and one more...I have to make up my mind still! Lol.
smile.png
I love sharing what I learn as I go, I was in a chat room, totally not related to chickens, yesterday and within 5 minutes of my signing in, we were all talking chicken! I'm good that way though, lol.

Its awesome to meet helpful people... and I must say... this "chicken world" seems to be full of very helpful peeps! Im loving it
smile.png

I was debating on an EE... but Im not sure if I like their looks enough to go for it just for the colored eggs... if the eggs were larger I would lol

The LB is replacing my silkie I was wanting... Husband has his heart set on a RIR... and the BR I just like the coloring lol...

I hear ya! I wish we lived a little farther out of town (as oppossed to smack in the middle of it) so that I could have 1 (or 4) of everything! We were just out measuring the area around the shed and have decided it may not work as good as we hoped it would. The logistics of us getting a sturdy fence built for a run out there are just a nightmare, not to mention it is on the opposite corner of our property from our house! So, we are going to build under our deck instead! It's a second story deck, so they'll have a full height, covered run! We just need to get the wired mesh up on 3 sides! It also has the added benefit of being pre-wired for electricity and is close enough that we won't have to worry about buying more cable for the security camera and we are moving our offices (currently taking up both spare bedrooms) into the corner of the first floor that has a window that looks out under the deck, so we can enjoy the gals all day long. I'll update my page once I get all of the wood we need to sell out from under it, lol. Now to get a good plan for building a chicken coop instead of a run...lol.

I want to see pics of what you get done too!

Hey the under the deck idea sounds like I good idea! I look forward to seeing pics, and def will get pics up when we start ours!

Back
Top Bottom