Coop fire

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sueg6255, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sueg6255

sueg6255 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    LaGrange County
    I don"t know if I can get through this without crying. We were woke up to someone knocking on the the door and he told us your coop is on fire.

Looked out with20 ft. flames shooting up from the roof and the whole thing in flames.

I can't go into all the gross stuff I saw. We had a rabbit right beside the coop we have had for 4 years he didn't make it along with 20 chickens. I free range so the coop is always open so some did get out. About half.

It is still smoking and I get sick everytime I look out. I hope no one ever has to got through what I did today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I am soooooo very sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am so sorry for you! What a horrendous thing to wake up to! I have electricity in my coop and worry about this, especially when it is cold. (((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))))))))))) [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shelly

4. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    I am so ,so sorry !! I can't begin to imagine how you must feel , I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers !!!!!!!

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm so sorry....I'll pray for you. I know it must have been horrific. I'm sending you a pm as well.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss!! [​IMG] Hang in there, okay?

Everyone, let's continue the discussion over at this thread, because it has more replies. That way, the OP only has one thread to read through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by