Coop Floor

Peanutman69

In the Brooder
May 21, 2017
I want to install a plywood floor in my coop for my 10 Ladies. My floor now is dirt and it stays dirty. I am new at this, So is the wood floor a good idea and what should I put on the floor? Thanks for the HELP !!

The wood will end up dirty too lol they end up dusting outside and bring it back in the coop with them.... A wood floor will require more frequent cleaning and something like wood chips or hay to keep it from messing up the wood... Best of luck and hope that helps you decide on what to do :)

Hei, have the same question. Building a coop in the backyard. I have some natural rock formations and will bolt the framing to metal anchors.
I will insulate the ground floor framing with rock/glass wool and then use the usual plastic barrier.
What kind of flooring should I use?
Vinyl would be easy to clean, but I don't like PVC too much.
Linoleum would be close and somewhat softer, does not have the shiny plastic look.
Plywood or particle boards would be easy to install and could be changed later on, just some screws.
As a woodworker I would love wood. Either prefabricated panels or solid planking.
But then I would get some smaller gaps where dirt could accumulate. Wood will of course get stained, but I could easily accept the "used" look....

Any comments?
Thanks
Peter

The wood will end up dirty too lol they end up dusting outside and bring it back in the coop with them.... A wood floor will require more frequent cleaning and something like wood chips or hay to keep it from messing up the wood... Best of luck and hope that helps you decide on what to do :)
Thanks !!

Back
Top Bottom