Coop in a harbor freight greenhouse?

Most go 2' with one roost centered.
Lower the roost is, the fewer 'overshoots'.
Mine is 8" above board, enough space to get under it to clean.
Take a look at the links I posted, more info there.
You might just use the width of the nests you have there, or a bit wider.
Remove top nests and put the poop board and roost there.

Most go 2' with one roost centered.
Lower the roost is, the fewer 'overshoots'.
Mine is 8" above board, enough space to get under it to clean.
Take a look at the links I posted, more info there.
You might just use the width of the nests you have there, or a bit wider.
Remove top nests and put the poop board and roost there.
Yeah i looked at the links you gave me, just seemed like they had more space to play with, so wasnt sure if they were just that size because they had that kinda room, or because thats what is really needed. And i dont know about removing the top, those arent two seperate sections easily divided, lol. Every peice was fully painted, then partially assembled, then built in place as one solid unit, only way to remove the top is with a saw, lol, which by no means is impossible just not preferred, i get it would save space, in hind sight may have built it that way from the beginning, but now idk, gonna continue to toss around some ideas in my head before i resort to that, lol...

I'm about to be getting chickens for the first time, i believe 9 or 10 bantams. I recently built a 10x12 harbor freight greenhouse for the purpose of extending our growing season and options in upstate NY. So while thinking about some options to build a coop, I started thinking what if i used the smaller 6x8 harbor freight greenhouse as a main structure and build a raised structure for nest boxes and roosting. My thoughts were if I wrapped the inside of the greenhouse in chicken wire I could remove the wall panels and add shade cloth to the ceiling during the summer to keep from getting too hot and remove the shade cloth and replace the panels in the fall. I was hoping for some suggestions as to what might work well for this as far as keeping my chickens happy and healthy, as well as making it easy for me to clean and maintain. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, I know how to build things as I do construction and remodeling for a living, but with this i don't really know where to start, and don't wanna build it one way only to regret what I did and have to change it later, although I'm sure Ill learn more as I go, I'm trying to think of everything and do it right from the start so both me and the chickens are happy.
View attachment 2063612
https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html

I was thinking of using one of these.

Back
Top Bottom