Coop is done and chickens have moved in! (pics)

pansophia

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
Minnesota
Well, after a lot of work and a fair bit of pain - the coop is done! It didn't turn out exactly as planned, I'm definitely NOT an architect! But I doubt the chickens will notice a few odd bits and it already got neighbor approval.
smile.png

We planned on getting an RIR and a buff orpington but they feed store didn't quite have the right ages so we ended up with two three-month-old wyandottes (sp?) instead, a silver and a gold. They are so pretty!

coop.jpg

eddypatsy.jpg

eddy.jpg

patsy.jpg

saffy.jpg

The dog and chickens ran around in circles for a while but now she just wanders over and sniffs them every so often. I still think if one actually ran at her, she'd be terrified!

The gold one is Edina (Eddy), the silver is Patsy, and our dog is Saffy. Bonus points to anyone who knows where all three names come from!

They've already pooped in their water so I will get a smaller waterer tomorrow. They've climbed about halfway up the ramp so we'll see if they figure it out tonight. They were coop mates at the store so they seem to get along well. Eddy was tame and friendly from the moment we picked her up, Patsy was a bit more of a talker. But they are so much softer than I expected!

Anywho, I could sit out there all night and watch them, hubby had to drag me in to eat dinner. YAY! CHICKENS!!

Hi Pansophia,

Im so excited for you....congrats! The girls are gorgeous(i think i might have to get me a couple of them) and i think they will love there coop! Good luck on everything and please keep us updated! -Dom
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom