1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop is done and chickens have moved in! (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pansophia, May 2, 2007.

1. pansophia

pansophia Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Well, after a lot of work and a fair bit of pain - the coop is done! It didn't turn out exactly as planned, I'm definitely NOT an architect! But I doubt the chickens will notice a few odd bits and it already got neighbor approval. [​IMG]

We planned on getting an RIR and a buff orpington but they feed store didn't quite have the right ages so we ended up with two three-month-old wyandottes (sp?) instead, a silver and a gold. They are so pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dog and chickens ran around in circles for a while but now she just wanders over and sniffs them every so often. I still think if one actually ran at her, she'd be terrified!

The gold one is Edina (Eddy), the silver is Patsy, and our dog is Saffy. Bonus points to anyone who knows where all three names come from!

They've already pooped in their water so I will get a smaller waterer tomorrow. They've climbed about halfway up the ramp so we'll see if they figure it out tonight. They were coop mates at the store so they seem to get along well. Eddy was tame and friendly from the moment we picked her up, Patsy was a bit more of a talker. But they are so much softer than I expected!

Anywho, I could sit out there all night and watch them, hubby had to drag me in to eat dinner. YAY! CHICKENS!!

2. Dom'sHEns

Dom'sHEns Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    New Jersey
    Hi Pansophia,

Im so excited for you....congrats! The girls are gorgeous(i think i might have to get me a couple of them) and i think they will love there coop! Good luck on everything and please keep us updated! -Dom [​IMG]

3. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    Wow! Both coop and girls look great! One might even say they looked absolutely fabulous [​IMG]

4. pansophia

pansophia Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Jsto wins the bonus points! [​IMG]

5. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Very pretty birds and your coop is awesome. They will be very happy with you. And I too love how soft they are. It is so cool.

6. girlsnboys

girlsnboys Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Nice to see another Ab Fab fan. Great choice of names!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by