Coop is done!! Finally!

I just started my build today...I wish I could go that big...I could have more chickens! What a great enclosure! Must have taken a lot of time and a lot of measuring. I like your ivy covered tree trunk in there...the chickens have something interesting to look at. Its like coop furniture. I like the gravel /sand...cant tell. What does the inside look like?

In the bottom of the run is about 4-5 inches of a course washed sand. I have a quarry close by. It was $25 for 1.75 tons.

I was pretty limited with space also but I was able to make the coop 6'x6'x6'. The inside for the chickens is about 4.5'x5.5' and about 4' high. I will take a photo of the inside and post. And the run is about 100 square feet and 6 feet tall.

Great job!! But just so you know chicken wire isn't strong enough to keep out must predators. 1/2' hardware cloth is better to use. It can be pricey but it's worth it to keep your chickens safe.

Last edited:
I live in the city so it just needs to keep out cats and a coopers hawk. That is all that can get to them around here. Besides the rats I am taking care of.

And you ain't kidding about the hard ware cloth being expensive. I did put some around some of the sides and underneath the sand to keep the rats from digging up through.

Back
Top Bottom