Coop Layout Question

Zahboo

Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
I am trying to layout the coop. I haven't started building yet, and I don't know where to put the door and window. There is a bantam pen, standard pen, and storage. The storage needs to be 8x4 so I have enough space. The bantam pen only needs to hold 8. That's why I like this layout. I have 7 bantams right now, soon to be 6. I want to get as many leghorns as I can, which will be in the standard pen. I need honest opinion. There will be linoleum flooring on the floor, wire shelves in storage area and bins to hold feed. Each pen will have nesting boxes, food bowls and roosts. Everything is labled I think.

12x4standard.jpg

You can build me one too! Where your windows should go would depend on how it is oriented in relation to where the sun rises. It looks like you'll be able to have egg access from the storage room for the leghorns if you put a door on the back of the nest boxes. Nice. I'd plan to put food and water in the run area when the weather is good because it keeps the mess out of the coop. And maybe flop around the nest boxes for the banty's so you'd have easy access to that also. Beyond those "convenience" items I'd say you have a great plan there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom