coop life

team guava pastry

Songster
10 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Miami, FL
We got 4 new cochins and the coop is done, so when is coop life they are a month old today.

I would like to get them out of the box. It would make my life a little easier.

thanks

What is the temp like outside? As long as it's not too cold they should be fine to go out now. Although you may want to put the heat lamp out there if it gets chilly at night.

In Miami in the spring it should be fine outside at a month old. I would put a heat lamp just to keep the temp up a bit at night. I brooded my chicks outside in their coop when they were delivered on Dec. 31st. I used two heat lamps and kept the temp up around 90-95 for the first couple of weeks and at about 2 months took the heat and light away completely. I live in South Louisiana (coastal) so my temps are a bit cooler than yours even now. Fully feathered chicks should be fine with your night time temps if you provide a heat source.
Tim

I live near Ocalal, Fl. I put my chicks in their coop when they are a month old. I also put their brooder in there too for the first week until they get used to the coop and then I take the brooder out.
P1010041.jpg

Last edited:
Our first order of dayolds come in the first week of April (uggh A-pril) here in Canada, they usually go straight to the coop with a heat lamp. My three day old silkie babies are up there in the shed now:>) I am a littel nervous, but they seemed fine all day today.

Last edited:
I use a sectioned off part of the barn for my chicken coop, the outside brooder is also in there. We are having 30-35 degree nights and I have one light in the brooder. The chicks went outside into the brooder at 3 weeks old. No problems at all, as usual. Chickens are more hardy than some people give them credit for.

Back
Top Bottom