Coop Location

Pretty Peeps

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
We are building a new house, on a small lake and the lot is wooded. We have one good sunny area, and it’s the drain field fir the septic system. The coop would need to be located just off the drain field, but could I use the drain field for the run? I’d appreciate any advice. Cindy B

We are building a new house, on a small lake and the lot is wooded. We have one good sunny area, and it’s the drain field fir the septic system. The coop would need to be located just off the drain field, but could I use the drain field for the run? I’d appreciate any advice. Cindy B
Where are you located? What type of run are you planning to build?
As long as you don't sink any substantial posts into the drain field for the run, it will be okay. T-posts would be fine. It just needs to be built in such a way that it could be removed some day if the field ever needed to be replaced or a new system installed.

I'd not put anything over the drain field...they cost too much to mess with their function.
Might depend on what kind of field it is and if you know the exact location.

@Pretty Peeps why is 'sunny' where you want the coop?
Sometimes a shady place is better.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1606573883521.png

Back
Top Bottom