1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop Name and Creative Idea for decor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cheryl p, Jun 17, 2016.

1. cheryl p

cheryl p New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    I am converting a darling playhouse (it is a wooden house with planter boxes below the windows in the front and bay windows on the back) into a chicken coop for my father. I pulled out the little phone, faucet, stove top, clock etc. that was on the inside, but I wanted to maybe secure them on the outside because I think it would look cute. There is a wooden play clock for a child and I wanted to screw it to the outside and have a cute/funny saying about time or a clock and chickens or eggs and I cannot come up with anything. I thought about "Time for another chick?" but I think that might offend my step-mother. Any ideas? I have to decorate it tonight because we are delivering it in the morning.

I am also working on a name for the coop. My father's name is Dennis so I was thinking about calling the coop Denny's Hen House, but would be open to suggestions. He lives off of a highway so it could have something to do with that (drive-in, Hwy 84...) he lives in a town called Longville. He loves to fish. He is funny and likes jokes. Dirty jokes okay too...

2. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Does your father have a favorite time of day? Maybe preset the clock and say something above it like: "Do you know what time it is?" and beneath it say something along the lines of "Why, it's 4 O'Cluck!" Whatever you set the time for.

As for names, perhaps ask your father to name it and then you can paint the sign accordingly.

Post pics! What a great Father's Day gift. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by