Coop roof help!

jeria

Songster
May 5, 2017
Independence MO
OK so Chicken Coops for Dummies is scaring me on a shed roof. I think it should be simple but it looks rather complicated there. Any suggestions on making this easy? My coop will be 4x6 and the covered run 8X10 with the coop enclosed in it. I'm doing most of this myself--67 yo gramma with no building from scratch experience. I don't have a miter so am thinking using those metal connectors of some sort. I'm starting building the coop frame this weekend.

I bet you'll do fine. I like the idea of those metal ties ..(I'm a 66 yr old grandma and if I lived a little closer, I'd come help you!)
I don't know what the plans look like. If you can take a pic or scan, I am guessing you'll have all kinds of good advice coming your way....Good luck!

IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG

We had a lot of rain over winter and I put a tarp over part of it (to keep the perch area dry) and the tarp got a huge puddle of rain in it and broke the roof and ivy, so I had to put a new piece of bamboo roll in there at the end where you see the newer piece.

the walls are pallets we gathered and then my husband grew those plants up them we have had the chickens for 3 years so that's how long everything has been growing:)

We are in California Central coast area and we don't get snow or extreme weather and we only have two hens, they free range all day in our fenced yard:)

Back
Top Bottom