Coop sliding door for chickens

I used standard lumber and plywood, but the location is protected from the weather.
You can see how I did mine on My Coop page.

Post some pics of your coop, inside and out, where you want the door to go.

Oh, and.... Welcome to BYC! @D100putz88
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1626470679872.png

This is the best photo I have though it's a pop door between two runs instead of on a coop. Sometimes I use different pieces of wood like Veelee did to form the notch but here I used my table saw to cut out the notch. I have eight different guillotine type doors on things, some vertical and some horizontal.

This one was made out of scrap wood, I don't know if it was treated wood or not. Since it is not touching the ground I don't worry about that. I don't have a good photo of the plywood I use as a door. I often screw some strips of 1"x1" on it to help brace it and keep it from warping.

Fence Door Top.JPG

This is the best photo I have though it's a pop door between two runs instead of on a coop. Sometimes I use different pieces of wood like Veelee did to form the notch but here I used my table saw to cut out the notch. I have eight different guillotine type doors on things, some vertical and some horizontal.

This one was made out of scrap wood, I don't know if it was treated wood or not. Since it is not touching the ground I don't worry about that. I don't have a good photo of the plywood I use as a door. I often screw some strips of 1"x1" on it to help brace it and keep it from warping.

View attachment 2762511
Thats what I would like to do with the 2x4, Goove it out but I dont have a table saw to do so

View attachment 2762511
Wow, I like your machined groove better than my pieced track! 👍

I used standard lumber and plywood, but the location is protected from the weather.
You can see how I did mine on My Coop page.

Post some pics of your coop, inside and out, where you want the door to go.

Oh, and.... Welcome to BYC! @D100putz88
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2762421

Attachments

• BCE4F17A-3BA8-46B9-8C93-84FA9061B128.jpeg
    BCE4F17A-3BA8-46B9-8C93-84FA9061B128.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 02DFC7D9-6BB6-4D5B-92B3-03E63AE80964.jpeg
    02DFC7D9-6BB6-4D5B-92B3-03E63AE80964.jpeg
    789 KB · Views: 5
  • EC2A97D6-DE1F-4C56-9685-F48E9D678AE2.jpeg
    EC2A97D6-DE1F-4C56-9685-F48E9D678AE2.jpeg
    970.6 KB · Views: 5
On the Little Monitor Coop it's is a piece of T-111, just like the siding.

1595629781520-png.2260472

On the outdoor brooder it's made from some scrap metal flashing. I didn't do as good a job on this one as my DH did on the above but he's going to fix the tracks for me using some scrap from the new Chicken Palace once we're done with that:

0518211434-jpg.2684661

0518211425_hdr-jpg.2684660

(I put a couple holes into the top and threaded a wire in to provide a loop for the rope since I figured that running the rope directly through the metal would abrade it too badly).

We haven't decided what we'll use for the pop doors on the new Chicken Palace. I kind of like the metal door and didn't find it too difficult to work.

Back
Top Bottom