Coop themselves??

My babies are out in their coop for the 3rd nite. Come Monday they will get the run of the place for the first time. I expect to have to 'put them to bed' for a few nights until they get the hang of things, but I KNOW better than to risk them out in the run overnight--I won't have any babies come morning. No matter how stout the run is, SOMETHING will figure a way in. But then, we're out in the REAL boonies!

My babies are out in their coop for the 3rd nite. Come Monday they will get the run of the place for the first time. I expect to have to 'put them to bed' for a few nights until they get the hang of things, but I KNOW better than to risk them out in the run overnight--I won't have any babies come morning. No matter how stout the run is, SOMETHING will figure a way in. But then, we're out in the REAL boonies!
Ohhh, yeah we aren’t that far out. We have a lot of space but still in a neighborhood per se…

Any updates? How are things going now? I'm in a similar situation here it's just too hot to lock them in the coop for days. Last night was their first night in the coop - it was a nail biter for me 😅

Last edited:
Any updates? How are things going now? I'm in a similar situation here in NC it's just too hot to lock them in the coop for days. Last night was their first night in the coop - it was a nail biter for me 😅
Things are going great actually! They go in the coop at night on their own now. For a couple nights I would go out and get one in there and the rest would follow. Then they started doing it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom