1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Coop under construction!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LizGled628, Jul 25, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chirping

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    So my darling husband has been working night and day to finish our coop for our six six-week-old babies. It's currently under construction in the garage, where it's protected from the elements until we get the shingles on. Since it's almost done, we put the brooder cage against the coop door, so the ladies could explore and get used to their new digs. Hopefully we will have the whole thing completed by this weekend! There are some GORGEOUS coops on this site...I'm a little intimidated with our humble chicken abode! Please let me know what you guys think. Also, for the run, we are making it tall enough for us to stand in (with a door, for easy access)...any suggestions for size? We have six pullets now, and probably won't ever have more than ten. Although I've heard about that chicken math...

The roof is hinged (for easy cleaning) and so is the nesting box. My father is an electrician and we are wiring it for electricity once we move it to the yard. Thanks for all the advice!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nice [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by