COOP UPdate! PROGRESS..... JULY 18th.....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by surfchicken72, Jun 19, 2010.

1. surfchicken72

surfchicken72 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Here we go kids... not enough to finish, but enough to get me started with a solid base and frame a couple walls....
    About 50% Recycled materials.. got 6 good windows from another "chicken guy" who was just about to throw them out... chance encounter....
    Going with approx 4x8 for 6 chickens (eventually will be 5 since one is a ROO and will be leaving us eventually, when he starts to "mouth off"
    Wish me luck....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Good for you! I love using recycled, reclaimed stuff! Looks like you have a nice pile of lumber there. I had a bunch of old windows that I made into a "sunroom" for the girls. This way, if it is rainy, windy, snowy they can get out of the coop- but still be under cover. Good luck with your project! Keep us posted.

3. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    looks great so far, stop making dad do all the work lol. Waiting for updates:cool:

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    good luck!!!

5. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Its really starting to shape up nice, your top plate looks properly installed. keep us posted! P.S good work dad lol

6. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    [​IMG] looks great [​IMG] now git -r- done [​IMG]

7. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    WoW!! Someone who knows what he's doing!! Great job and you're making fast work of it. [​IMG]

8. surfchicken72

surfchicken72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by