Coop ventilation in high heat

No turning back now

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_101223.jpg
    IMG_20200605_101223.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 10
I'm in west texas. We get to the high of 120 most summers. I guess I dont have a completed picture but we've painted it white and the openings are covered in hardware cloth. I also added a metal roof to overhangs so rain doesnt get in.

Attachments

• 20200425_173041.jpg
    20200425_173041.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 8
I'm in west texas. We get to the high of 120 most summers. I guess I dont have a completed picture but we've painted it white and the openings are covered in hardware cloth. I also added a metal roof to overhangs so rain doesnt get in.
Im taking out as much as I can and putting in hardware cloth. I've added about 4.5 sq ft ventilation so far and my coop (not including nest boxes) is 12 sq ft. Running out of wall space to remove now.

You could take those pieces you cut out and frame them. Then you could attach them back like older style storm windows. You could put them on in the worst of weather. I can picture it. But not find a picture. This is close.
1591375134250.png

You could take those pieces you cut out and frame them. Then you could attach them back like older style storm windows. You could put them on in the worst of weather. I can picture it. But not find a picture. This is close.
View attachment 2178171
I'm going to frame them in white like my other windows. I'll post a picture once it's finished and we have some corrugated plastic for a sunroof that I will probably cut to size and attached over the winter. The pieces that I cutout have a bunch of drill holes and they're pretty beat up from trying to cut it. I do like the idea of storm shutters though so I made play around with that idea

Back
Top Bottom