Coop ventilation on 8'x8' coop

twhitman

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2015

I am new to here and chickens... The above is my coop. The door and window face west, there is another window on the north side. There are two small vents on top side of the north and south facing walls and the 12" x12" opening to the run. Do I need more ventilation? I live in Southwest Missouri, so pretty warm summers, temps occasionally close to zero in the winter and not a lot of snow. Also, any suggestions for my run? It is 6'x6' then opens to a 10x10 dog pen I repurposed. The little white thing you see is part of the chicken tractor we used at first. We've got 4 each...Americana, Buff Orphington, California Whites. No rooster yet, my neighbor is going to be giving me one when it gets a little bigger. Mine are about 3 months old now.

Suggestions welcome and thanks :)

Thanks for the link! It is very informative. I'm going to add more vents and cover the run and I think enclose the 6x6 run on three sides as well. That way they have plenty of shade and wind/rain blockage from three sides and leave the bigger run with only the top covered with chicken wire and tin siding.

Back
Top Bottom