Coop

at least 4 sq ft per bird in the coop. and 10 sq ft in run if are going to have a run.
4x12= 48 sq ft at least coop 6x8ft and 10x12= 120 sq ft the run 10x20 ft
have water inside n outside have good ventilation in the coop be able to walk into your coop.
have windows on all 4 sides so u could open the windows for good air flow.
u need at least 4 nest boxes [3 hens take turns in one box] decide if u want the nest boxes inside of the coop or have them stick out from the coop. if you used chicken wire remember it only keep them in does not keep predators out so dont use it in the begin
other will give u more ideas

Check out the coop section...there are so many different styles and sizes to choose from, you shouldn't have any trouble (except the deciding part
lol.png
). I made a pvc hoop type run with 1"x2" welded wire. I turned a big plastic stock tank on its' side and they sleep in that for now. The coop design I decided on is called the Blue Coop, partly because there is a materials list and the pictures are real easy to follow. Mine is going to be 8'x6' and the roof is going to be 5' in front and 4' in back. I plan to have a drop down door in the back (running all the way across) that I can drop down to rake out the shavings. I plan on having it high enough off the ground where I can just put my garden cart in the back and rake the old bedding straight into the cart. Just depends on how much carpentry skills you have, how much you want to spend, and how elaborate you want to get. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom