Coopers Hawk Working Barn Area Hard

That one looks to be about the size of a Sharp Shined. I've got those around here chasing the song birds and they are bad to the bone. Incredibly agile in close quarters.

Male Coopers Hawk captured above still working area and flying through barn on most visits. Kids getting a kick out of his visits as he shows very little fear of us despite trama he experienced. A few days ago he captured and largely consumed an American Robin on one of my cock pens. Cock was inside so may have been interesting. Yesterday kids and I found signs of a another songbird kill consumed on yet another cock pen. And in another pen we found a lot of rabbit fur, adult.

20180328_170451[2].jpg
20180328_170500[1].jpg

Just flushed a female Coopers Hawk from barn. She was perched in barn yet no alarms given until she flew. She must have been their for a good bit for chickens to calm down. She appeared to have full crop. Either she is getting mice on floor or she is looking for shelter from incoming snow event. Camera is ready.

Just flushed a female Coopers Hawk from barn. She was perched in barn yet no alarms given until she flew. She must have been their for a good bit for chickens to calm down. She appeared to have full crop. Either she is getting mice on floor or she is looking for shelter from incoming snow event. Camera is ready.
:pop

Male Coopers Hawk I followed from neighbors as it hunted for birds and then perched in out yard.

Good video showing how roosters approached hawk as a form of intimidation. All birds in yard watched the interaction. Other chickens can be heard producing alarm call.

Poor quality video.

Sounds flock produced as hawk flew.

Male Coopers Hawk I followed from neighbors as it hunted for birds and then perched in out yard.

Good video showing how roosters approached hawk as a form of intimidation. All birds in yard watched the interaction. Other chickens can be heard producing alarm call.

Poor quality video.

Sounds flock produced as hawk flew.
Great videos!

Back
Top Bottom