Coops from CC Only

Thank you so much for posting this! I had ordered one of these coops and it was going to ship out tomorrow. I called and cancelled and they already credited my money back. Oh goodness I could not have afforded this mistake! I found one somewhere else and it was built by hand and wonderful! Thanks again!

I ordered a chicken coop and run from CCOnly.com. It arrived in four boxes I got the biggest coop and double run.
It took 4 hours to put it all together. It takes two people. I paid $925. It holds up to 15 chickens.
I am very pleased with the coop. It is small like a dog house perhaps 4 feet tall. Really take a look at the dimensiions. The pictures are very misleading. They look big but are not. They are all you need for chickens.
Good workmanship and I especially like the roofs. Very heavy and well made. The Runs are a little more cheaply built. I used a few extra screws to make sure it held together.
My chickens arrive in a few weeks and can't wait to use this. I recommend this product to anyone. All the parts arrived and it was I thought I paid for. I am pleased.

Yes. Nice coops for a few chickens. Not real strong so be careful. Don't move them around. They do begin to fall apart. Recommend you glue every side. Takes about 3 hours to put together with help. uses lots of screws. Winter time I added a heat lamp for warmth.

I have purchased a few of these and use them for grow-out coops and/or broody hen housing with their chicks. They are quite handy for those of us who #1 - have instant gratification needs, #2 - are overwhelmed by building a coop (for whatever reason) and #3, don't plan on moving them more than once after you've put them together. Oh, and have the money to purchase 'em outright.

We ordered CC-53 last spring, in anticipation of moving our 6 chickens outside when the time came. When the coop arrived, we thought it was quite small despite the fact that the description claimed it would be good for up to 8 hens. We managed to get through the spring, summer and fall thanks only to several costly modifications that my husband made in order to improve upon the existing space. But with the arrival of winter and the chickens spending more time inside, we have realized how inadequate the coop is for our chickens and how grossly misleading the description of "8-10 hens" is for this coop. We have now been forced to rehome two of our chickens because the small size of the coop has resulted in their henpecking each other, much to our dismay.

This is all without any mention of the quality of the coop, which is substandard to say the least. For the amount they are charging people for these coops they should be assured that they are purchasing a good home for their birds. We have had multiple issues with the latches breaking, wood warping, doors not closing, etc. etc.

The company should be more forthcoming about the coop sizing as many first-time chicken keepers will defer to their "knowledge" and come away sorely misled. We hope that this review saves others from dealing with the multiple problems we have had with this coop, and avoid chickens being harmed in the process.

My husband and I just but a cc coop. It is all we could afford as of now. I agree that the websites pics are deceiving. The wood is very soft so some of the pieces that are nailed in come out easy. The roost bars are not ideally placed and the ventilation needs a bit of protection from incoming rain. I have also noticed there are lots of gaps which I fore see as drafty in the winter. I will probably do a bit of tweaking on the coop we have, to insure it is good for the winter. All in all it is cute, easy to assemble but may need extra tweaking and weather proofing. I hope that helps, Happy cooping!

Wish I had found this thread (and forum!) before we bought the coop. We bough the Cc-18 with one run. wow is it ever small! It only stopped snowing here 3 weeks ago, I can't imagine my chickens being in this coop for our very long harsh winters. There are tons of gaps, the instructions were nothing but pictures and we put it together wrong, we have to take it apart today. None of the pilot holes lined up and we can't for the life of us figure out how to attach the hinges to the nesting box lid! My husband built our addition on our house, you would think we could figure out some silly hinges! I will have to get some thompson water seal as I just think the sealer that is on it is good enough. The rain and snow would come into the air vents very easily. True someone posted that if you don't clean it daily the drawer will not slide out, very little room there. There are four roosts on the inside, but if you use them all, there is no floor space to walk around or even put food and water! This will be a gread brooder for Mama and hens, but do not buy this with the intent of leaving chickens in it for for long winter months. Someone claimed it was a glorified doll house for chickens, I coudn't agree more. I fear that with a strong wind storm, this will go tumbling through the yard with my chickens inside! If the wind where I live can toss an adirondack chair off my porch, imagine how easily it will throw

this coop!
barnie.gif
Just my two cents...like I said, good brooder, terrible coop.

Last edited:
Hi there! I contacted our local technical school (carpentry department) and asked if they would build a coop for us. They were more than willing, unfortunately, the project would have to wait until the Fall since the school year was coming to an end. My husband and Father in Law are building one now since our chicks can't wait that long. However, if you do not have handy people around to build one, a tech school may be able to help out. I am not sure what the costs would be but I am pretty certain you would end up with a MUCH better quality coop. The pre fab coops are pretty shabby. You can also check out Amish built coops, they look fantastic but they are very costly.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom