Copper Maran cross with Americauna help!

The only female I see is the bird closest to the bottom in this picture:

LL

Well, I can't really complain. MY hens didn't lay them. They are some babies we bought. Sigh. Oh well. I checked the four 'hens' I pulled to keep for myself and that georgous bird with all the color, especially those rusty patches on her wings......oh darn. Another rooster for the pen. I'm safe with the other three.

Thanks again guys! This is just the best list!!!

Well, I can't really complain. MY hens didn't lay them. They are some babies we bought. Sigh. Oh well. I checked the four 'hens' I pulled to keep for myself and that georgous bird with all the color, especially those rusty patches on her wings......oh darn. Another rooster for the pen. I'm safe with the other three.

Thanks again guys! This is just the best list!!!
Unfortunately, it's those pretty, flashy, very colorful birds that are boys
roll.png

Donrae, I used to raise parrots and this is the exception to the rule. This is a male(left) and female(right) Redsided Eclectus. hehehehehe

Donrae, I used to raise parrots and this is the exception to the rule. This is a male(left) and female(right) Redsided Eclectus. hehehehehe
They're both pretty flashy to me! Now, if I could just get a chicken in that pretty green--that' got to be my favorite color---I'd be in birdy heaven
lol.png

Also, if your pullet has a single comb (like your Marans) she only has a small, 3-5%, chance of laying blue/green/olive eggs. If she has a pea comb, she can still lay brown eggs, but has a better chance at laying blue/green/olive. Same with your boys, it is unlikely that any of the single combed ones will carry the blue egg gene.
I know this is an old post, but I have an olive egger who started laying a few days ago and she lays a brown egg. She does, in fact, have the single comb like her Marans dad. Maaaannnnnnnn!!! I had no idea the comb could give me that info! Thank you!!!

My question would be if I want chicks from her that actually do lay an olive egg, is it possible? If so, I wouldn't want to breed her back to her dad, correct? I have an olive egger roo, but his comb isn't a pea or a single - it's more of a combination of both.... tall in the middle, but 3 rows if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom