copper maran x with a silver lace wyandotte hen

leliadax

Songster
5 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Arkansas
Copper maran rooster x silver wyandotte hen =???
New hampshire rooster x silver wyandotte hen = ???

I bought what a guy said was a copper maran and he keeps pecking my silver lace wyandotte hen...if they breed what will the chicks be????
Maybe I should put her in with the NH rooster???
I would like to get some sexlinks...am I going about it wrong?

It doesn't really matter which rooster you use. They are both red/gold based colors. The hen is silver. Her chicks with either male will be red sexlinks. They won't look like typical hatchery red sexlinks, but the cockerels will be more silver/white and the pullets will be more golden.

They will probably be really good layers. Wyandottes are pretty solid producers, as are Marans and NHR. The chicks will lay a bit better than their parents' breeds. Your crossing really good producing breeds with each other. The chicks certainly aren't going to lay worse.

It doesn't really matter which rooster you use. They are both red/gold based colors. The hen is silver. Her chicks with either male will be red sexlinks. They won't look like typical hatchery red sexlinks, but the cockerels will be more silver/white and the pullets will be more golden.
Hi! Any idea on where to find pics of some offspring of a BCM Roo x Silver Laced Wyandotte?

Back
Top Bottom