Copperhead Marans

Desert_Fox

Chirping
Apr 6, 2021
Portugal
Hi guys, i recently read an article, stating that Copperhead Marans, are uncommon.
That you can find some with pale colors, but the realy collorfull ones are rare, that there is an egg rating depending on the collor an so on.

It happens that ive bought 6 eggs from a local breeder, and got only a rooster, 2 months later ive bought 6 more and got only a hen...
Ive put both of them together today, the rooster is around 7 months old, the hen 5 shes started to lay last week, they seem to be doing okay together, but do you guys have any idea is this is uncommon, or only an ordinary Marans?
Thanks

Attachments

• marans.jpg
    marans.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • P_20211018_231611.jpg
    P_20211018_231611.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi guys, i recently read an article, stating that Copperhead Marans, are uncommon.
That you can find some with pale colors, but the realy collorfull ones are rare, that there is an egg rating depending on the collor an so on.

It happens that ive bought 6 eggs from a local breeder, and got only a rooster, 2 mounths later ive bought 6 more and got only a hen...
Ive put both of them together today, the rooster is around 7 mounths old, the hen 5 shes started to ly last week, they seem to be doing okay together, but do you guys have any idea is this is uncommon, or only an ordinary Marans?
Thanks
What is your question?

It happens that ive bought 6 eggs from a local breeder, and got only a rooster, 2 months later ive bought 6 more and got only a hen...
Ive put both of them together today, the rooster is around 7 months old, the hen 5 shes started to lay last week, they seem to be doing okay together, but do you guys have any idea is this is uncommon, or only an ordinary Marans?
Thanks
After re-reading my takeaway was: Is this rooster's color/breed uncommon?
The answer is no.
Black Copper is not an uncommon color, and marans are not an uncommon breed.

Black Copper Marans are much easier to find then they used to be. Many hatcheries carry them now.
Quality birds that lay the really dark eggs people buy them for, may be more difficult to find, though they are not rare.🙂

That's not a very accurate article.
There are quite a few false details in it.
Black Copper Marans are much easier to find then they used to be. Many hatcheries carry them now.
Quality birds that lay the really dark eggs people buy them for, may be more difficult to find, though they are not rare.🙂
Im just a rookie chicken breeder, wont argue about what you say the article is.
Just trying to figure out if my Marans have a common color style, and common egg color, or not.

Back
Top Bottom