Copy and Pasting for repeated questions?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Crysta, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Crysta

Crysta Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2013
    Florida
    I've noticed that many of the questions I've answered are repeated questions.... Is it OK if I copy and paste MY advice into a multiple threads that are asking the same question? Or should I link my response into the thread? Am I able to quote myself from a different thread?

For example: Many people are asking in several threads personal method on introducing flock members.. It it acceptable to copy and paste my method for them into all these threads? I don't want to look like a spammer [​IMG] !

2. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    I hope it's acceptable--some of us keep a file of things just to copy and paste. [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I wouldn't go and look though threads to answer just to answer. If a new post pops up, it is fine, but it is spammish if you search out all the threads with that question and just C&P in all of them.

4. Crysta

Crysta Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2013
    Florida
    Haha, yea I wouldn't do that. I would only be doing this if no one has responded to the thread.

Thank for your responses!

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    A lot of people post a link to the other thread they answered in. I find this most helpful as some of the answers in the other thread may be helpful to them as well. Unless you just want to copy a small portion of what you mentioned, in which case copy and paste would be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by