Corn for chickens?

bburn

Songster
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Delaware, Arkansas
I have two huge barrels of corn that we bought from the feed store to give the pigs. They won't eat it unless I soften it. So, I have been putting it on the stove and cooking it so it will soften up.

My question....can the chickens eat it? What if I ran it through the blender and smushed it? Don't want to make them sick! The pigs of course will eat it now that it is softened. Amazing as they ate the peach seeds from the peaches that fell off the tree by their pen this summer. You would think if they could eat a peach seed they would eat the dried corn!

Last edited:
You'll get different opinions here, but I feed my birds corn daily and I've never yet had any problems. I do only use it as a treat though, as the free range for the majority of their feed. I give about half a kilogram of corn per day, and that's for 14 birds to share. I don't crack it, and I don't cook it either - they love it
lol.png

Mine is already cooked to soften it for the pigs anyway so I will give it a try after while. I thought towards evening as it is getting a little chilly here and it would help them with body heat.

Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom