1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Corn on the cob?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by cherndon712, Jan 24, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Can I hang this for my chickens to peck at?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yup...My chickens love corn on the cob.....

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    My chickens go NUTS for corn on the cob. I have never tried hanging it, I just throw mine out there and watch as they take off with it and play "keep away".
    I always buy lots when the farmers markets are up and running bc I can get it so cheap.

4. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    every animal i have loves corn, whether on the cob, cornmeal, etc. they will be tickled.

5. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    I always buy a few "extra" for the girls. I hope to try to grow my own in a little patch this year!![​IMG]

6. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Well I have about 50 ears frozen from last years garden...Too much for my family!!

7. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I went to a party last summer and they had corn on the cob but cut the corn off the cob [​IMG] why I do not know.

I asked to take it home (I froze them) and gave a bit every day and they went crazy so you can actually share it with them. They eat every morsel.

I have some fruit hanging and intend to hang corn to watch them have fun.

My girls love anything corn also, even corn totillas, I chop it up and toss it, they take that and run.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chickens are so amazing!

8. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    [​IMG] Any time we have a slightly bad cob in the summer, it goes over the fence. They run to it and the fight for it is on. Any left over goes to them. It is one of their favorite foods. Go for it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by