Cornish Cross Roo Question

It's not really a crow like the traditional rooster on a barn at sun-up. It sounds more like a higher-pitched bullfrog. We had a few hundred birds going at one time, and you'd never know we had chickens if you did not see the pens in the field next to my house. You should be OK.

Quote:
Agreed. We have several hundred at any given time and unless you see the tractors, you would have no idea they are there. There will be the odd one here and there that crows before processing, but it isn't the true noisy crow that you get from most roosters.

good to know. While I can legally have chickens, I live in a fairly nice neighborhood and I'm sure if one of the lawyers got a burr there would be some sound ordinance or something that would apply. I keep reading old threads and posts to try to get real comfortable with my meaties arriving Dec. 7th (yep I have pushed the order button) and after I pushed the button that questions came to mind. I know my st. run layers didn't start crowing that early but since cornish mature early I was worried maybe they crow early too. But I read a thread that is my new mantra, If it crows it goes! Sometimes the simple things like cull early just escape me LOL>

Back
Top Bottom