Cornish ROck x questions

Dobela

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 4, 2011
Arkansas
A couple of months ago my son bought what he thought were 3 Tetras. 2 were in fact Cornish Rock crosses. For about a month now they have had no feathers on their rears. Is this normal? I have bright pink butts looking back at me.

Their bottoms are also pretty nasty looking. It seems that as they potty it all just runs down their bottom or sticks to the bottom or something. Just nasty gross. My son noticed yesterday that while they are pottying they make a strange sound as if it is difficult for them. I noticed this morning that they seem to strain while doing this. What could be happening and what do we need to do?

Thank you.

My Cornish Rocks are 8 days old and have tail feathers already about an inch long. I've had them a week tomorrow, so far so good.

Quote:
Well, those TSC tints. I think they are called Tetras? The one that really was one is a lovely white with yellow tipped feathers.

Oh, and butchering them. I don't want to do that myself. That is not in the plans. I didn't want meat chickens this year just for that reason. How do you find someone else to do it?

Ask where you buy feed if they know of a butcher that will process them for you. I found an Amish butcher not too far from me so that's my plan.

Quote:
lol tail feathers and BUTT feathers are two different things . . . you will see!
smile.png

Quote:
lol tail feathers and BUTT feathers are two different things . . . you will see!
smile.png

Ha, I'm learning everyday and loving it. thanks to this site !

Back
Top Bottom